Save up to 60% on Seabourn Cruises
Cruising on a Seabourn ship is unlike any other form of travel. The experience is luxurious, yet relaxed - elegant, yet casual - sumptuous, yet understated. Seabourn’s intimate ships visit the most desirable destinations worldwide, sailing to the heart of landmark cities, as well as to hidden gems where larger vessels cannot follow.
Seabourn Cruises Promotions
Learn More About Seabourn Cruises
Seabourn began operations in 1987, seeking to immediately make an impact on the ultra-luxury cruise industry. The first ship, the Seabourn Pride, launched in 1988; its sister ship, the Seabourn Spirit, which was identical in size and design, began carrying passengers the following year. After a series of corporate purchases and merges by and with Carnival Corp. and Cunard Line through the 1990s, Seabourn was purchased in whole by Carnival Corp. in 2001. After a separation from Carnival's Cunard Line in 2004, Seabourn began operating independently. After an announcement in 2006 to launch three new ships, the Seabourn Odyssey, Sojourn, and Quest began operating in 2009, 2010, and 2011. Each of these new ships carried 458 passengers. Two 600-passenger ships, Seabourn Encore and Seabourn Ovation, were introduced in 2016 and 2018, respectively. An ultra-luxury expedition cruise ship, the Seabourn Venture, with technology for superior maneuverability to destinations in the Amazon, Antarctica, and Antarctic, is scheduled to be unveiled in late 2021. Seabourn prides itself on hand-selected itineraries that allow you to explore destinations in an intimate, history-learning, or adventurous manner. Kayak, partake in a photo safari, and whale watch in the Alaskan wilderness; take a jet boat excursion on the Shotover River in Queenstown, New Zealand; ride on the back of an elephant in Phuket, Thailand; cruise the canals of the Mekong River Delta in Vietnam; or take an aerial tram through the forest reserve of Saint Lucia. Not feeling adventurous? That's fine: you can visit the Parthenon in Athens, Greece; sail on a whale-watching yacht in Juneau, Alaska; shop street markets in Barcelona; or take in breathtaking art collections in the Rijksmuseum and Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. From staff that prides itself on top service that includes remembering guests' names to optional tipping and complimentary spirits and wines onboard at all times, Seabourn has redefined the cruise experience in terms of all-inclusive trips, customer service, and luxury. A journalist's line in 1988 describing the line could easily still apply to Seabourn today: "…quite simply in a class by itself."
- The fleet of six ships catering to small, intimate travel experiences; each ship carries between 458 and 600 guests.
- Founded in 1987 by Atle Byrnestad, a Norwegian industrialist, and Warren S. Titus, former cruise line executive, among others.
- Seabourn boasts a young and modern fleet as compared to many other cruise lines; oldest of five cruise ships launched in 2009, the newest in 2018.
- Ships are all ocean-front suites.
- Founders of Seabourn sought to offer casualness and luxury previously available only on private yachts.
- Destination ports include Juneau, Alaska; Vancouver, Canada; Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates; Mumbai, India; Sydney, Australia; Auckland, New Zealand; Copenhagen, Denmark; and Reykjavik, Iceland.
- Caribbean and Mediterranean destinations include Barbados, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Bonaire, Martinique, Barcelona (Spain), Cannes (France), Doha (Qatar), Gibraltar, Lisbon (Portugal), Trapani and Venice (Italy), and Brussels (Belgium).
- Unique cruises offered to Antarctica, the Arctic, and Panama Canal.
- Smaller ships have the ability travel to hidden harbors and go where larger cruise ships cannot go.
- Began offering a 145-day World Cruise in 2019.
- Cruise partner of UNESCO World Heritage.
- Presents a Spa & Wellness enrichment program with Dr. Andrew Weil—the first ever such program available at sea.
- Partners with renowned chef Thomas Keller to provide guests with the finest on-board culinary experience.
- Named World's Best Midsize Ship Ocean Cruise Line by Time + Leisure.
- Winner of numerous Conde Nast Traveler and Cruise Critic awards, including Best Small-Ship Cruise Line, Best Luxury Cruise Line, and Best Service Luxury Category.
- Member of World's Leading Cruise Lines™, an alliance of cruise lines that includes Princess Cruises, Holland America Line, Costa Cruises, and Cunard Line.
- Age Policy
- Dining Information
- Fuel Surcharge Policy
- Health and Safety
- Payments / Refunds
- Smoking Policy
- Travel Protection
- Tipping Policy
- Why Seabourn?
Top Reasons To Choose Seabourn Cruises
- Top-shelf customer service with a personal touch: crew often knows the names of guests and suites are attended by personal suite stewardesses.
- All-inclusive cruising, with everything from flights to excursions all planned and arranged by Seabourn agents.
- Complimentary spirits and wines.
- Tipping is not required nor even sought after.
- Small ship maneuverability that takes you to harbors and places where larger cruise ships are unable to go.
- A selection of seven "Shore Experience" collections catering to those seeking adventures, cultural exposure, food tasting, walking or other tours, iconic landmark exploration, or art or historical insights.
- Intimate cruise experience for those seeking personal attention, privacy, nightlife, quiet evenings, or small gatherings.
- The best in comfort and luxury aboard modern, elegant ships.
- Spacious ocean-front suites.
- "Book with Confidence" cancellation policy: guests can cancel up to 48 hours before departure and receive a 100% credit for what has already been paid toward a future cruise.
- World-class dining through a partnership with Chef Thomas Keller: a signature restaurant, The Grill by Thomas Keller, only available on Seabourn cruise ships; open seating at all venues; no extra charge for any culinary selection.
Frequently Asked Questions About Seabourn Cruises
- What kind of trips can I take with you?
Seabourn travels all over the world, to ports and destinations in the United States (Alaska, New England, the Pacific Coast to coastal cities in California and Washington); Asia; Arabia, Africa & India; the Arctic; Antarctica & Patagonia; Australia & New Zealand; Canada; the Caribbean; the Mediterranean; Northern Europe; South America; Panama Canal; and the Amazon. A 145-day World Cruise covering 72 ports across 28 countries is also offered. Major and smaller cities can be visited; guided tours and planned excursions as well as individualized excursions can be arranged.
- How much would a tour cost?
With 17 destinations to over 464 ports throughout the world, including Northern Europe, Asia, Australia, South America, Canada, Caribbean, Mediterranean, and U.S. destinations such as Alaska, New England, and the Pacific Coast, tour costs can vary greatly. The duration of the cruise (cruises can range from 7-25 days, with some over 26 days), excursions, and any deals or special offers are all variables that will impact the price of a Seabourn cruise. Basically, some cruises might fall in the $3,800 - $6,999 range, while some can be much higher, such as a 43-day cruise to the Americas & Antarctica that can be as much as $22,999 per person. It is best to talk with a Seabourn agent to get a detailed price for your particular trip. Seabourn cruise prices are all-inclusive, typically including airfare, dining, and excursions.
- Can I take my family with the guide and not be stuck with other people?
Yes, you have the option for private touring through Seabourn. Private touring arrangements can made for individuals, couples, or small groups. Email [email protected] to book one of these private tours and to learn more about this option.
- Can I tell the agent what I want out of the trip?
Yes. You will have the chance to review all on-board activities and details about what is offered in shore excursion collections and discuss your personal interests and expectations to create the cruise experience you desire. Prior to your trip, you will receive detailed emails from Seabourn. Your excursions will be planned and booked, and you'll even have your reservation times for dining onboard.
- Do they have support that can help me regardless of what time?
Seabourn does not seem to offer 24/7 support. The Seattle, WA, office of Seabourn can be contacted via a toll-free number Monday – Friday 6 a.m. to 5 p.m. PT, Saturday 6 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. PT, and Sunday 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. PT. You may also submit questions about your specific cruise via an online form on the company's website.
- What do the guides do for you?
Local tour guides provide information about locations visited at destination cities and ports. Skilled expert guides assist guests who choose adventures such as hiking, kayaking, or touring in Zodiac inflatable boats.
- Do they have specialists that are working in each place?
Specialists might be available depending on location and activity; for instance, an expert wine specialist is on hand at a wine-tasting event when you take a cruise along the U.S. Pacific Coast. Specialists knowledgeable about kayaking or hiking instruct guests partaking in these types of activities.
- What type of way can you travel when you are traveling through Seabourn?
To reach destinations for your planned excursions, you can depart the cruise ship via inflatable Zodiacs or ferry if the ship does not dock at the destination port. Once at your destination, you can travel by coach, private car, cable car, bike, or even by foot depending on the destination and your specific excursion.
- Who customizes the itinerary or things you are going to do ahead of time?
You and your agent can arrange your itineraries ahead of time. You can book excursions online by registering on the company's website or you can meet with your Seabourn agent to outline your trip.
- Where do you stay while you are at the destinations?
Seabourn ensure that guests stay at fine hotels for any overnight excursions in destination cities. Not all destinations offer overnight or multi-day excursions.
- Why is Seabourn known as an ‘insider’ travel experience?
As a Seabourn guest, you do not have to follow all activities on a specific excursion; you have the opportunity to request customized activities. Destination Specialists are happy to take individualized requests.
- Is there a single supplement that can be used for travelers who are solo?
Yes, Seabourn offers a reduced single supplement for solo travelers on select cruises.
- On average, what is the group size like?
There does not seem to be a specific limit on group sizes, although some excursions may limit group sizes depending on the activities.
Health and Safety Protocols on Seabourn Cruises
Seabourn's highest responsibility and top priorities are compliance, protecting the environment, and the health, safety and well-being of our guests, the communities we visit and our crew members. We have been working with leading global public health and policy experts to support our ongoing efforts for developing enhanced protocols and procedures for the return of cruise vacations based on the latest knowledge around COVID-19 protection and mitigation.
We are also an active member of the Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA), which is dedicated to serving as an industry forum to share knowledge and promote high standards in health, safety and operations. Through our collaboration with CLIA and other industry partners, we are also engaged with some of the world's top medical experts and scientists, who are providing valuable insight to inform the ongoing and evolving development of new and enhanced protocols based on the latest scientific evidence and best practices to protect public health. We are working together as one united industry focused on the well-being of guests, crew and the communities we visit.
CLIA has put forth to the U.S Centers for Disease Control (CDC) an industry-wide restart plan for cruising from U.S. homeports. The restart plan incorporates input from Carnival Corporation and its individual brands, along with fellow members of CLIA. Our team is continuing to refine Seabourn's return to service plan and CLIA's guiding principles will serve as the foundation. Some of the elements you can expect are the following:
- 100% testing of all guests and team members
- Policies with regard to wearing masks by all guests and team members, in designated venues and environments on board the ship and during shore excursions
- Enhanced medical staffing, facilities, equipment, onboard testing capabilities and quarantine/isolation resources
- Shore excursions limited to only those providers who can uphold our own protocols and denied boarding to guests who fail to abide by shore excursion protocols.
It's important to note that moving forward, no later than 24 hours prior to sailing, each adult guest will be required to complete a Health Questionnaire, review and accept our Cruise Contract (which now includes provisions specific to COVID-19 and guest protocols) and review and accept our COVID-19 Risk Acceptance document. Guests who do not accept the documents will not be permitted to sail.
Minimum Age Policy on Seabourn Cruises
All persons under 18 years of age must be accompanied and supervised by a parent or guardian. Persons under 21 years of age are not permitted to consume alcoholic beverages and persons under 18 years of age are not permitted to gamble onboard the Ship; parents and guardians are obligated to insure compliance with this requirement.
Travel Protection Options on Seabourn Cruises
We strongly recommend that all guests purchase comprehensive Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance for the full purchase price of the cruise as well as air and/or land program costs. Your travel agent can provide additional information about SeabournShield, a program that has been specially designed and economically priced exclusively for Seabourn's guests.
Dining on Seabourn Cruises
Seabourn knows that guests understand fine dining. And celebrated Chef Charlie Palmer delivers on all levels; with an innovative menu that fills the senses with wonder. From traditional fine dining in Seabourns open-seating Restaurant and an eclectic and adventurous menu in Restaurant 2 to themed dining in The Colonnade and more casual fare in the Patio Grill, Seabourns acclaimed made-to-order dining experience is enhanced by Seabourn's personal custom of welcoming you like an honored guest â€“ whose preferences are carefully noted, then thoughtfully indulged every night. Perhaps that's why Seabourn has been honored with the prestigious International Five Star Diamond Award for the last 13 years and was ranked Top Cruise Line Food in Conde Nast Traveler's 2007 Reader's Poll.
Seabourn yachting life offers you a choice of up to five dining venues. Enjoy breakfast, lunch or dinner in one of Seabourn's traditional restaurants. Dine on deck in one of Seabourn's al fresco eateries, or at your request, you can have dinner from The Restaurant served course-by-course in your suite, complete with white linens, fine china and silver service.
Don't miss special culinary events like Shopping with the Chef at local markets in select ports around the world. Learn from the masters of the Chef's Circle as guest chefs from well-known restaurants share their culinary secrets. Enjoy tempting treats and rare estate teas, compliments of Seabourn's popular Seabourn to a Tea, complete with white glove service and relaxing, live music.
If guests have special dietary needs, Seabourn must be advised at time of booking or, at the latest, six weeks before sailing. Every effort will be made to comply.
No matter what your dining pleasure, Seabourn's award-winning staff is there for you - when you want... with what you want.
Fuel Surcharge Policy on Seabourn Cruises
The Cruise Fare shall be deemed to be earned when paid and not refundable except as set forth below. Seabourn reserves the right to increase the Cruise Fare and any air fare supplements without prior notice. However, fully paid or deposited guests will be protected from such increases, except for fuel supplements, government taxes, other surcharges and changes to deposit and payment and cancellation terms/conditions, which are all subject to change without notice. Seabourn reserves the right to charge a fuel supplement of up to $15.00 per person per day, without prior notice, in the event that the price of light sweet crude oil according to the NYMEX (New York Mercantile Exchange Index) is greater than $70.00 per barrel of oil. Seabourn may collect any fuel supplement in effect at the time of sailing, even if the cruise fare has been paid in full.
Tipping Policy on Seabourn Cruises
Tipping is neither required nor expected. Prices do not include gratuities for local shore excursion guides, drivers, and related service staff. Independent, subcontracted ground operator companies employ all ground staff and these entities do not participate in Seabourn Cruises' on board "no tipping" practice. Tipping of guides, drivers and other independent ground staff is at the individual guest's discretion, anticipated and appreciated.
Payments / Refunds on on Seabourn Cruises
A 25% deposit is required within 3 days of reservation or sooner, as specified by Seabourn. Suites are subject to cancellation and resale if required deposit amount is not received within the specified option period.
Full payment for all cruises must be received by Seabourn no later than 90 days before sailing.
All reservations are subject to cancellation without notice if payments are not received by the due date, and are guaranteed only when paid in full at 90 days prior to sailing. Reservations made within 90 days of sailing require full payment within 7 days of the reservation or sooner, as specified by Seabourn.
Only U.S. dollar payments are accepted via agency check, personal check, American Express, Visa, MasterCard, Diner's Club or Discover Card. Expenses incurred for onboard services/products by the guest, or by Seabourn on behalf of the guest, shall be paid by the guest prior to disembarkation.
Cruises 25 days or less
|Days Prior To Departure||Cancellation Fee|
|120-91 days||15% of full fare|
|90-46 days||50% of full fare|
|45-31 days||75% of full fare|
|30 days or less, or non appearance||100% of full fare|
Cruises 26 days or more
|Days Prior To Departure||Cancellation Fee|
|150-121 days||15% of full fare|
|120-91 days||50% of full fare|
|90-76 days||75% of full fare|
|75 days or less, or non appearance||100% of full fare|
Before a determination regarding a refund can be made, all cruise and air documents must be returned to Seabourn Cruise Line, 6100 Blue Lagoon Drive, Suite 400, Miami, FL 33126. Partial use of cruise, airfare, hotel and land extensions does not qualify a guest for a refund. All refund requests pertaining to cruise, land and air are subject to final review by Seabourn.
Smoking Policy on Seabourn Cruises
For the comfort and convenience of all guests, we ask guests to refrain from smoking:
- In all dining venues (inside and outside)
- In the Show Lounge/The Grand Salon, The Club and the Casino
- On the port side (left side facing forward) of the Observation Lounge
- In the ship's elevators, corridors and lobbies including Reception/Seabourn Square
- In The Spa at Seabourn, the surrounding deck and Spa Terrace
- On Seabourn Odyssey and Seabourn Sojourn, in addition to the above: Deck 11 including The Retreat, Sun Terrace and all of Deck 8 including the Patio Bar, Patio Grill and pool area
- Pipe and cigar smoking is permitted only outside on deck
- If you have doubts about any area, your onboard staff will be pleased to direct you to smoking or non-smoking areas.
Seabourne was eye-opening. Gratuities included helps with the value as the prices are high. Cabins are large and beautiful, food is excellent, and all staff are great.
We love this cruise line
Seabourn Cruises was an excellent choice. The value was outstanding considering the upgrades offered by the cruise line. The ship was beautiful, food outstanding, and the service was the best we have ever had. Having traveled on numerous cruises lines we will definitely return to Seabourn.
Affordable Tours and Aga did a great job, very professional, reliaible and helpful
We are constantly looking for interesting itineraries to book. Small and midsize ships offer so much for us. We have not committed to a particular cruiseline for all our adventures, but this Seabourn Odyssey voyage put this line at the top. Beautiful ship, fantastic crew, and varied excursions guided by an excellent service team.