Best Value and Service on Viking Cruises
Viking’s award- winning ships are engineered at a size that allows direct access into most ports, so guests have easy and efficient embarkation and disembarkation. Each ship boasts a private veranda in every stateroom, a choice of restaurants offering a variety of fine dining options, the most al fresco dining at sea, an infinity pool, a Nordic-inspired spa, panoramic Explorers’ Lounge and thoughtfully curated book collections throughout the ship, and more - all designed in understated elegance.
Book With Flexibility
- Peace of Mind
Change Your Cruise Up To 24 Hours Prior to Departure
- No Change Fees
All Change Fees Are Waived
- Change Dates
You Have 24 Months to Select Your New Cruise Date
- Great Service
Award-winning service, low prices, client satisfaction
Review: Rhine Getaway With Viking
All in all, we fell in love with the Alsatian region, Germany, and the beautiful river cruising experience on the Rhine Getaway with Viking.
Viking Cruises Recipe: Scandinavian Sandkaker
No matter what part of the world you are in, when you enjoy this delicious Scandinavian Sandkaker you’ll feel like you’re cruising in Norway.
Review: Danube Waltz With Viking River Cruise
On the Danube Waltz with Viking River Cruise, there is a tremendous amount of cultural and historical sites throughout the region
Viking Cruises Promotions
Learn More About Viking Cruises
Viking introduced its first ocean ship in 2015 named Viking Star and its world's awarded Cruise Company. Viking has changed the way we think about cruising and has crafted its own unique style. Viking Company has launched other ships named Viking Sea, Viking Sky, Viking Sun, Viking Orion and Viking Jupiter, etc. Viking keeps its travelers entertained by celebrating culture, focusing on food, the people and their customs and providing spas to relax, etc so that travelers come back another time for a cruise by expecting more and it has the highest return cruiser rates of any company. Viking Company provides a private veranda for every suite and they offer a variety of fine dining options. This company has multiple options for their travelers like Al Fresco dining at sea, an infinity pool, a Nordic-inspired spa, panoramic explorer's lounge, and a collection of books throughout the ship, etc.
- Viking Ocean Cruises is one of the largest and increasingly popular cruises in the world. They have seen the fastest growth since their inception. Viking Ocean Cruises shares a very large portion of the total ocean cruise travelers.
- This cruise company announced that it will be attempting to set a Guinness world record for the longest cruise in history. The cruise will be 245 days long and the travelers will be able to visit 59 countries on this cruise. The cruise started sailing in August 2019 from the British port of Greenwich. The prices for this Ultimate World Cruise were set at almost $85,000 per person and it gave the opportunity to its passengers, of visiting 113 ports in the entire World.
- Viking Cruises have tailors on board that help the crew member to alter their uniforms and costumes for shows. Their ships are really big enough and it can be assessed by the fact that almost 5,700 uniforms are pressed everyday on all Viking Ocean Cruise ships.
- Culture and learning are given very high importance by Viking Ocean Cruises and it is said that there is a library on every Viking Ocean Cruise and each of these libraries contains more than a thousand books and they have dedicated staff that is responsible for counting and arranging all of the books at the library in order. This drill is carried out after every cruise so the guests of the next cruise can enjoy this service seamlessly.
- The capacity on most of the Viking Ocean Cruise ships is around 930. This is relatively smaller than most of the other competitive cruise lines that have ships having capacity of up to 6,000 passengers. Viking took this decision to keep the crowd limited and that makes the atmosphere a bit more quiet and peaceful for the passengers.
- With Viking, you cannot bring your children on board who are younger than the age of 18. This policy has been introduced some time ago and before that, it was a very family-friendly ocean cruise where you could take all the young children with you. This has been implemented to make this cruise a bit friendlier for those who want to travel with adults only.
- If you are someone who is passionate about having a good time playing blackjack or a game of poker while on the cruise then there is bad news for you because onboard a Viking Ocean Cruise you may not find any casinos to fulfill that passion of yours.
- If you end up paying extra money every time you book a cruise, just to get the cabin that has a balcony in it, then you may be surprised that with Viking Ocean Cruises you don't need to be worried about that because every cabin inside a Viking Ocean Cruise has a balcony with it and you will get balcony included in your standard cabin as well.
- You don't need to buy land excursions for every port that you land in because with this cruise company you will have at least one complementary land excursion at every port. So you are not completely on your own at the destination if you don't buy a separate land excursion. And obviously, they also offer tons of options for land excursions that you can pay for as well.
- Viking Ocean Cruises holds a world record for christening around 14 ships in a single day, which is the most number of cruise ships that have been christened in 24 hours. This is a huge number and they also held the previous record of naming 8 cruise ships in a time span of one day.
Top Reasons To Choose Viking Cruises
- Viking is the world's most awarded company. Travelers who love cruising, they have the best dining experience in Viking Cruise Line as it has a lot of different dinning venues to choose and have wine and beer included with every lunch and dinner. They have the best restaurants for their travelers that include hamburgers at the Pool Grill, The world cafe, traditional Norwegian staples in Mamsen's, and Manfredi's Italian Steakhouse etc with daily different menu.
- In today's modern world every person is fascinated by food and their first preference to any place is to know about its food quality. Viking Cruise Line focuses mainly on its cuisine and they make sure to change their menu daily so that travelers can have different tastes. They have the best chefs who are highly experienced, passionate, and committed to their work.
- Viking Cruise Line provides you with a pleasant and relaxing environment through spa facilities such as hydrotherapy pools, steam rooms, saunas, and heated tile lounges. This company ensures to meet your expectations.
- This company has five different suite types that include 24-hour room service, flat-screen TV with on-demand movies, Internet, with storage space, with high tech sound speakers. Viking Cruise Line makes sure to give you a luxurious suite by giving sophisticated decor, calm colors, king-size beds, a private verandah, high-pressure showers, and lavish bath amenities.
- Viking culture curriculum is an exclusive program that brings expert speakers who talk about culture, traditions, educational talks and different activities on board. They will give you lectures on history, art and other relevant subjects. Viking Cruise Line provides you entertainment through performances featuring folkloric shows, musicians playing classic music and cooking classes.
- Internet is one of the facilities that is very important and that brings you connected to your close ones and there is no other cruise line except Viking that provides you free wifi for all the guests so that you can stay connected with your family and friends.
- Viking Cruise Line came up with a new approach by designing it inside, out. They designed in a way to give more space and comfort to its travelers. This company has elegant spaces, relaxing suites personal veranda to have privacy and enjoy your own company. They have adults-only atmosphere on board.
- Viking small ships cruise to the most beautiful destinations and they give you extra time to explore and discover your favorite location. The best way to explore by a short walk from your ship so that you can have fun by taking pictures and by exploring natural beauty.
- Viking small ship cruise line's good point is that they cruise to all unique and inspiring parts of the world. This cruise line is further opening the world with its new itineraries that include Australia, New Zealand, Asia, India, Alaska, and the Caribbean. Viking Cruise Line Company is growing so fast and working on other cruise ships too.
- Traveling with Viking is one of the best decisions as you choose to spend your day by your own wish and it's totally up to you. They have so many options included with shore excursions. You have plenty of time to explore and enjoy every destination independently.
Frequently Asked Questions About Viking Cruises
- What kind of trips can I take with you?
Viking Cruises offers its travelers to enjoy many different kinds of trips that take them to places like Scandinavia & Northern Europe, the Americas and Caribbean, Mediterranean and Asia & Australia. These cruises can be taken all around the year. Their trips have defined itineraries that let you explore almost all of the destinations that come in your way.
- How much would a tour cost?
The cost of Viking cruises is not too much as compared to the cost of other similar cruises. Their package prices are nominal also because they are a large cruise company and the cost per cruise from them is much more economical. They have cruises that may include a lot of destination and the prices may be increased with the number of destinations that your cruise visits. The average cost for a cruise is a pretty hard number to extract as there are too many itineraries and that is why there is a lot of variation in the per person for a cruise on an average. An indicative figure for the price of a cruise package may be something like $3,000 for a standard package of one person for a trip to Europe that may last up to 8 days.
- Can I take my family with the guide and not be stuck with other people?
Viking Ocean Cruises is a large company and they have a lot of tour guides available but if you only take the complimentary land excursion that is included in the package then you might not be able to get a separate tour guide but if you choose to book a different land excursion then you might see a couple of options where you can have privately guided tour for an additional price and then you will not have to be worried about being stuck with other tourists.
- Can I tell the agent what I want out of the trip?
Yes, they provide links to many travel agents who are there to help you and guide you about the cruise. They are the authorized agents of Viking Ocean Cruises in their respective countries. These agents should be contacted before making a reservation and they can help you with a lot of stuff like the guidelines for taking a cruise and how to obtain a visa for your destination country. This is ideal for passengers of longer cruises because they will be spending a lot of time in the cruise and need to make sure that everything is according to their desire.
- Do they have support that can help me regardless of what time?
There are multiple ways of contacting Viking Ocean Cruises. You can definitely call them whenever you want. The other option is to drop them an email with your query and someone from their contact support team will get in touch with you.
- What do the guides do for you?
The guides over there at the Viking Ocean Cruises help you with understanding the destinations that you visit. By understanding, we mean understanding culture and traditions of these cities. They help you in your excursions and due to their expertise in communicating with locals you will feel like you belong to that place.
- Do they have specialists that are working in each place?
Yes, all of the crew members working at each and every place are specialists. You will feel very comfortable around the crew members of this cruise company. They have experience of a lot of years, due to this they have become experts in their fields.
- What type of way can you travel when you are traveling through Viking Ocean Cruises?
There are a few other ways of traveling with Viking Ocean Cruises other than the usual cruise to multiple countries in one go. They also offer cruises that are themed for a special occasion and their World cruises are very famous, which have a very long duration and visit several countries in that time period.
- Who customizes the itinerary or things you are going to do ahead of time?
Viking Ocean Cruises has itineraries customized a year before the actual cruise takes place so that the guests can have enough time to prepare themselves up for the cruise. Apart from the regular staff that handles the customization of itineraries of the cruises, you can also customize the itineraries of your cruise with Viking by adding multiple land excursions at an additional cost of course.
- Where do you stay while you are at the destinations?
This cruise company always strives to provide the best service to its guests and this is why they have a lot of decent accommodation options available for their guests at the destinations.
- Is there a single supplement that can be used for travelers who are solo?
As of now, there is a single supplement fee of extra 25% for solo travelers who choose to take an ocean cruise with Viking Ocean Cruises. This fee is less than a lot of other Ocean Cruises and as a matter of fact they also add a lot of packages every year that could further add a discount on this supplement fee.
- On average, what is the group size like?
The group sizes can sometimes be very large on such cruises because there are complimentary land excursions and most people choose to go for such excursions and that causes a shortfall of tour guides on such excursions. So in order to provide equal opportunities for everyone they tend to increase the group size a little bit but if you want to be a part of a smaller group then it is better to purchase a separate land excursion for yourself.
Minimum Age Policy on Viking Cruises
Due to the nature of our cruise itineraries, Viking Cruises does not maintain facilities or services for children aboard cruise vessels. On all cruises and cruise journeys, minors under the age of 18 must be accompanied and share a cabin with a parent, legal guardian or other responsible adult over the age of 21. We reserve the right to limit the number of minors under the age of 18 years on board. The carrier reserves the right not to accept passengers who are in an advanced state of pregnancy either upon commencement of or at any time during the river or ocean cruise.
Dining on Viking Cruises
With diverse locations to choose from, every dining area on Viking Star has been carefully considered. Viking Star's crown jewel is The Restaurant, with the widest choice of culinary offerings. You'll want to return again and again because Viking created a daily-changing menu highlighting local cuisine so you can explore regional specialties. Your menu is ever evolving to reflect the seasons, your destinations, and locally sourced ingredients. But you have other options as well.
The Chef's Table
Perhaps one night reserve an intimate experience at The Chef's Table for a specially prepared tasting menu complete with wine pairings.
The Italian Grill
Or make a reservation for the Tuscan experience of The Italian Grill to try antipasti; the perfect locally inspired pasta or a steak in the legendary Florentine tradition.
Wherever you find yourself on board, Viking's dining rooms offer menus that incorporate ingredients freshly gathered from local markets, and an authentic local feeling. And of course, Viking Concierge is always on hand to recommend a great local restaurant. But there's even more dining choices: on Viking Star you have options beyond our traditional restaurants.
Indulge in Scandinavia specialties at the Viking Deli in the Explorers' Lounge, surrounded by two-story ocean views.
When travel whets your appetite, visit the World Café where a wide variety of cravings can be fulfilled. Like Viking Star herself, choice is the theme of the day - from American classics to Chinese to sushi or continental European favorites. Here you can choose from a variety of freshly prepared dishes or meats hand-carved to order, and watch the chefs at work. Dine al fresco on a warm summer night, or inside on a cooler day - surrounded by fantastic views.
The Kitchen Table
For a change of pace, since part of your journey is about expanding your horizons, don't forget to try Viking's onboard cooking school and intimate restaurant, The Kitchen Table.
No-Fee Room Service
And for those times when you would rather unplug in your comfortable stateroom and just relax, there's no-fee room service.
So, throughout the ship you will find casual dining options to fit your every mood, from high tea at the Wintergarden or seafood at the al fresco Aquavit Terrace - the choice is yours.
Tipping Policy on Viking Cruises
It is customary to give cruise gratuities, subject to your satisfaction of services rendered. Gratuities on board and on land are not included in your full fare.
Payments / Refunds on on Viking Cruises
A deposit for cruise/land of $500 per person is required to secure a confirmed reservation. Promotions may have different payment terms - please refer to the offer. When more than one cruise is booked, deposit and payment policies apply per cruise. The final balance is due no later than 90 days prior to sailing. All reservations are subject to cancellation if payments are not received by the due date. Air seats are limited; airfares are subject to change and are not guaranteed until full payment of air is received. Upon full payment by the participant(s) of the amount specified as the Full Fare (see Invoice), Viking Cruises, Inc. agrees to arrange for the provision of the services as described herein and as modified by supplementary materials. Upon either booking the cruise, receipt of your deposit or full payment or upon the issuance of the Passenger Ticket Contract directly or by a travel agent or upon receipt of a confirmation letter or final Invoice from us, both the Passenger and the Carrier will be fully bound by all of the terms and conditions of the Passenger Ticket Contract.
Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, checks and Electronic Funds Transfer are all acceptable forms of payments. All payments made by check should be made payable to Viking Cruises, Inc. Some credit card companies may impose a "Foreign Transaction Fee" even though your transaction is denominated in U.S. dollars. This is an arbitrary fee that occurs in a small number of cases and accrues entirely to the credit card–issuing bank. Viking does not control these bank-imposed fees nor does Viking derive any benefit from them, monetary or otherwise; we are therefore unable to accept responsibility for the fees.
For any cruise/land booking, whether under deposit, partially paid, or paid in full and air-inclusive packages paid in full, the following travel agent- or guest-requested situations are considered cancellations and penalties will apply as noted below: changes to departure date; substitutions of itinerary; substitution of another person for original booked guest(s); or changing to a promotional fare. All cancellations must be in writing. For all air-inclusive packages cancelled after issuance of an airline ticket, the air portion of the refund, if any, will be processed only after the return of airline ticket. The following cancellation charges will be assessed for all written cancellations received prior to departure up to the scheduled time of departure.
Cancellation received | Following charges will apply
(Broken out by days before departure)
121 days or more | $100 per person
120-90 days | 15% of full fare
89-60 days | 35% of full fare
59-30 days | 50% of full fare
29-0 days | 100% of full fare
Full Fare is defined as the full cost of any cruise, land or air component purchased from Viking.
Once a cruise/land booking has a deposit or air is paid in full, all changes are subject to a $30 charge per change. See prior section under Cancellation Policy for additional details on situations which are classified as cancellations rather than changes.
Smoking Policy on Viking Cruises
All Viking ship interiors, staterooms and balconies are non-smoking. Each ship has an outdoor smoking area.
As Viking Cruises gets bigger and bigger with more ships and itineraries, I was worried about the consistent high quality we have previously experienced with our 6 Viking cruises. We were not disappointed. The port talks were wonderfully prepared and presented; the entertainment was high quality and the excursions were extremely well coordinated (as we watched the other cruise lines struggle with tenders and long lines just to get on-shore and the mass of people pushing and shoving to be first!). We booked a few more Viking cruises; we are hooked.
Viking is the top of the line for older travelers. The staff was very accommodating. The ship was pristine, Someone was cleaning from 5:00 am until the last guests retired. On board programs were geared to the interest of the age group of the guests. Very pleased.
Our trip around Cape Horn on Viking Jupiter was wonderful despite missing our port stop in the Falkland Islands due to weather. Viking offered overnight excursion to Ighazu Falls that was fabulous and more than worth the money.
Viking consistently provides exciting destinations, superior accommodations, culinary excellence and the most efficient and attentive staff. An experience with comprehensive value!
The vessel and staff were nothing short of spectacular. They made every effort to accommodate every request. Food is five star at every meal. No crowded feeling. Included shore excursions were not great but OK.