Star Clippers Cruises to Africa 2022/2023
Save up to 75% on Star Clippers cruises
Star Clippers Cruise Line is the only modern cruise that recreates the golden age of the tall sailing boats and provides passengers with king size sailboat experience. This company had started its service early in 1990s as different and tallest ship. It is 226 feet tall and maximum speed of sailing boat is 17 knots. It offers passengers with different activities, amenities and atmosphere. It is known as a one of the best and top ranking cruise line. As it is different, stylized and has good cuisine with friendly environment and good crew. This company offers climbing yard to enjoy beautiful view from top or the most adventurous and pleasing part to relax in the net of a bow where you can have a unique experience. They work with new innovations in every cruise line to make it different and have some other experiences too. Star Clipper is reflecting its heritage in every inch of the polished brass, shimmery bright work that graces her decks and superstructure. They welcome their passengers by luxurious way and by loving gestures. As Star Clipper Cruise Line is known for its friendly and pleasing environment and staff members really work to meet your needs and make you feel comfortable. With cruise line volume buys plus our low everyday prices you can save up to 80% versus the brochure price! Book your Star Clippers cruise today with AffordableTours.com, your discounted cruise headquarters.Star Clippers Travel Guide
|Sail Date||Cruise Line||Ship||Destination||Departs||Length||Price||You Save||Discounts|
|Oct 26, 2022||Star Clippers||Star Clipper||Europe||Malaga||Las Palmas||9 Nights||Arrecife, Lanzarote - Canary Islands - Spain | Casablanca, Morocco | Gibraltar, British Overseas Territory | Las Palmas, Gran Canaria, Canary Islands - Spain | Malaga, Spain | Puerto del Rosario, Fuertaventura - Canary Isl. - Spain | Safi, Morocco | Tangier, Morocco||$2,270|
Up To $250 Onboard Credit
|Oct 26, 2022||Star Clippers||Star Clipper||Europe||Malaga||Bridgetown||24 Nights||Arrecife, Lanzarote - Canary Islands - Spain | Bridgetown, Barbados | Casablanca, Morocco | Gibraltar, British Overseas Territory | Las Palmas, Gran Canaria, Canary Islands - Spain | Malaga, Spain | Puerto del Rosario, Fuertaventura - Canary Isl. - Spain | Safi, Morocco | Santa Cruz, Tenerife - Spain | Tangier, Morocco||$3,940|
Up To $500 Onboard Credit
|May 08, 2023||Star Clippers||Royal Clipper||Europe||Lisbon||Malaga||5 Nights||Cadiz, Spain | Gibraltar, British Overseas Territory | Lisbon, Portugal | Malaga, Spain | Portimão, Portugal | Tangier, Morocco||$1,530|
Up To $200 Onboard Credit
|May 08, 2023||Star Clippers||Royal Clipper||Europe - Western||Lisbon||Cannes||12 Nights||Bonifacio - Corsica, France | Cadiz, Spain | Calvi - Corsica, France | Cannes, France | Gibraltar, British Overseas Territory | Ibiza, Balearic Islands - Spain | Lisbon, Portugal | Mahon, Menorca - Balearic Islands, Spain | Malaga, Spain | Palma de Mallorca - Mallorca - Balearic Islands, Spain | Portimão, Portugal | Tangier, Morocco||$3,330|
Up To $500 Onboard Credit
|Oct 25, 2023||Star Clippers||Star Clipper||Europe - Western||Malaga||Las Palmas||9 Nights||Arrecife, Lanzarote - Canary Islands - Spain | Casablanca, Morocco | Gibraltar, British Overseas Territory | Las Palmas, Gran Canaria, Canary Islands - Spain | Malaga, Spain | Puerto del Rosario, Fuertaventura - Canary Isl. - Spain | Safi, Morocco | Tangier, Morocco||$2,320|
Up To $300 Onboard Credit
Star Clippers Travel Guide
Star Clippers Cruises Highlights
- For the last 29 years, Star Clippers has been sailing its unique 19th century classic clipper ships. While providing its passengers a taste of traveling in both a luxury modern cruise and an authentic centuries old Queen of the seas vessel.
- It's not just a single classic clipper ship that they have in their fleet but they operate around three such vessels and full rigged sailing ships. They are also one of the largest sailing ships in their category.
- The three ships that are operated by Star Clipper Cruises are called Star Clipper, Star Flyer and Royal Clipper. Star Clipper and Star Flyer have been sailing for more than a hundred years now. While on the other hand Royal Clipper, which is older than the former two ships was acquired by Star Clipper Cruises in 2000. As of now, there is no other true sailing ship larger than Royal Clipper in the World.
- This idea that was brought forward by Mikael Krafft, a Swedish entrepreneur, has been very well received. It provides an opportunity to those travelers who want to travel in an elegant ship with the service of yacht and a cost of a cruise ship.
- The ship offers a lot of amenities that you will get on a regular yacht. These amenities include open-seating restaurants, music lounges, libraries and other activities to keep you entertained. Their amenities may be less than a large cruise ship but they are definitely offered in an atmosphere that regular cruise ship cannot even come close to.
- They have a lot of activities on board for their guests which might only be exclusive to the passengers of Star Clippers Cruises. These activities include opening the sails. Climbing the masts or trying to steer a sailing vessel with the elegant steering wheel.
- Their ships do not only look cool and classic from the outside but they also have the same characteristics on the inside. The interior of the ships is really beautiful and you can feel the history and heritage that is incorporated in these ships that are more than a hundred years old.
- They offer cuisine which is very different from others ships. There is a buffet in the breakfast which really makes sure that there are no desires of their guests that are left unfulfilled. There is a vast menu for dinner and you can eat anything from their exquisite menu which is complimented with great quality wines.
- These cruises offer very dynamic itineraries and they take you many different destinations. With Star Clippers you can either go to your cultural expeditions into the cities of Europe or you can go to the islands of Caribbean to have a more naturally awe inspiring trip.
Star Clippers Cruises Travel Tips
- Apart from other mainstream cruise lines Star Clippers is unique and different as it has tall ships for a new generation of passengers. The fleet consists of 3 ships which sail in the Mediterranean, Caribbean and Asia. Star Clipper is more authentic sailing voyage and less mega resort on water.
- Star Clippers ships are the reverse of today's mega ships which have water parks, Broadway style shows, famous chef restaurants, casino for entertainment as they are large sailing boats but Star Clippers are small sailing boats where you can have so much for entertainment and there you will not feel lost.
- Star Clippers have so many thrillers as it has no artificial attraction. There are a lot of awe inspiring sights that includes wind filling the towering cream sails with combined area of 56,000 square feet on Royal Clipper and 36,000 square feet on the sibling ships. They can even use engine power too if there is not enough wind.
- Star Clippers follow new fashion trends and designed their ships according to new trends and they provide you characters and atmosphere according to that as other cruises are designed with contemporary arts. They follow nostalgic nautical theme artwork in their cozy cabin, furniture and throughout the ship.
- Star Clippers have a very friendly environment; people enjoy the atmosphere where there is love and affection. They have an event every week where there is a light hearted talent show and passengers join and enjoy that show. Team members of Star Clippers are very helpful and favorable and they easily mingle with passengers. In the evening off time duty team members will join passengers in the Tropical Bar and have dance together.
- This company is filled with amazing yet genuine shipmates who are always ready to have pleasure, and socialize. Star Clippers cruise attracts a really mixed crowd including multigenerational families, adults and teenagers. Newlywed couples come here for their honeymoon attracted by the romance of sailing on a tall ship. Travelers who cruise are likely to be Europeans, North American, Australians, etc with other nationalities. But they all share common sense of adventure and pleasure.
- Star Clippers cruises has daily cocktail hour at the alfresco tropical bar, which is a cheerful affair. They have amazing artists who play catchy instruments so that travelers enjoy and dance on deck. This is the best moment for travelers over there as they socialize with each other, make friends and have the best vacations to make memories.
- This cruise company provides you onboard activities that are themed on nautical traditions. Team members of Star Clippers organize workshops that include chart reading, know tying and question answer session in the library. They have a lot more exciting and pleasing for travelers to climb 65 feet up the mast to the crow's nest, at night there is talent show, crab races, tongue in cheek fashion show and team trivia.
- Star Clippers cruise has arranged diving for certified divers at additional cost. There are water sports platform at the stern, Travelers can swims if the weather conditions are fine and borrow snorkeling equipment without any charges. Sailing boats carry kayaks, sailing dinghies, water skis and windsurfing boards.
Star Clippers Cruises Things To Do
- Star Clipper Cruise Line targets people who are cruising for the first time as they prefer cherished experience. Star Clipper has lavish and tall boats and they make sure to make your holidays thrilling. They have on board entertainment, maritime experience and providing you facilities that are classic, stylish and focused. They gave you relaxing environment by providing you pre dinner drink to enjoy piano in a decent furnished restaurant.
A first time traveler on cruise may be expecting a calm and quiet kind of a trip because someone who has never taken a cruise may not be used to of the large cruise ship that are full hustle and bustle at all times. But someone like that would rather enjoy bathing in the sun while chilling on the net swing at one of the top decks of their Star Clipper cruise ship. Star Clipper provides en suite staterooms, indoor and outdoor bars, multiple swimming pools etc. They combine traditional heritage with mod cons and amenities to hive you comfort and luxurious cruise. While traveling along the Mediterranean a first time traveler can get a chance to be more closer to the different places that Star Clipper Cruises take them to, like the Azure sea which is a great place to relax and watch the Marine life in its full prime.
Star Clippers Cruises Frequently Asked Questions
- What kind of trips can I take with you?
Star Clippers offers you many different trips that you can take around the year. They have got several trips to the Caribbean, Mediterranean, Panama Canal and South East Asia. These trips with Star Clippers are usually 7 days long but you can have longer trips as well. All of their 3 ships offer similar trips and if you are particular about any one of their ships then you can choose that for your voyage.
- How much would a tour cost?
Most of the itineraries that are offered by Star Clippers are pretty much similar which is why there is not too much variation in the prices of these trips. Although the trip cost may vary according to the season in which you are travelling to that particular destination. The prices may also vary with room type that you select. Most of the ships in the fleet of Star Clippers have around 5 to 6 types of rooms and their segregation is on the luxury level of each type of room. The cost of a 7 day trip to the Caribbean in the winters for the standard room is almost $2,200. This price will increase if you change the room type to a more luxurious level.
- Can I take my family with the guide and not be stuck with other people?
Star Clippers can allow you to take the guide with yourself but only in the case if you have a separate paid excursion included in the package that grants you access to a private guide that is going to be with your family only. There is multiple excursions that limit the people in the group to 6 to 8. If you purchase that excursion and add it to your trip then you might be able to have a guide reserved only for your family.
- Can I tell the agent what I want out of the trip?
Yes, there are a number of travel agents that work with Star Clippers. They are there to help you plan your trip according to your desires. Most of the people do not go on cruises very often and they should really consider on making this trip a memorable one for themselves. It is only possible if you let the agent know of your expectations and see if the trip can turn out as you are expecting from it.
- Do they have support that can help me regardless of what time?
Yes, they have a general helpline that you can call at any time you want for your queries. They also have an email address where you can send your detailed queries and they will respond to you with an answer to your quires. If you are more comfortable in going to the office and physically meeting the staff to get your concerns addressed then they have offices all around the world including France, UK, Australia, Italy, Germany and the Head Office in Monaco. The contact numbers of these offices are also available on their website.
- What do the guides do for you?
They take a lot of trips to the regions around Mediterranean that are full of culture and rich with history and heritage. The vast history of these regions can only be explained by an expert guide who is local to the land and Star Clippers provide you that. These tour guides help you understand the evolution of these lands and how the people are still preserving their hundreds of year's old traditions. The cuisine around this region is also very famous and you surely need a local guide to help you choose the best meal in those 1 or 2 days that you will be staying there.
- Do they have specialists that are working in each place?
Their team of employees is specialist in what they do and the incidents of mishaps by their staff are very uncommon. They have experts in each place and the staff's performance is monitored constantly. If you ever travel with this company you will realize that their staff is very courteous and they try their best to please their guests.
- What type of way can you travel when you are traveling through Star Clippers Cruises?
There are two most common ways of traveling with Star Clippers as of now. The first way to travel with them is via the regular cruise that goes to different regions of Caribbean and Mediterranean. The second common way of travelling with this company is by going on a themed cruise that is offered for a very limited time. These themed cruises may included Christmas themed cruise, Celebrity Chef themed cruise and Culture themed cruises.
- Who customizes the itinerary or things you are going to do ahead of time?
The itineraries are customized by some very talented and very experienced crew members of Star Clippers with the help of industry specialists. The itineraries are customized after taking into consideration a lot of different factors like the weather forecast for the time of the trip and political conditions of the destinations.
- Where do you stay while you are at the destinations?
You can choose your own land excursions and the places of your stay will vary according to that so for instance if your port is a different city than your city of the stay because of the land excursion that you have added to the itinerary than your stay will vary accordingly.
- Is there a single supplement that can be used for travelers who are solo?
Yes, there is a single supplement fee for solo travelers who are cruising with Star Clippers. The nominal single supplement as of now is 150% but if you keep on looking for cruises from time to time there is a little chance that you may find a cruise with a discounted supplement fee.
- On average, what is the group size like?
The group sizes are different for each cruise. If your cruise has a lot of passengers than the group size will also be bigger and at the same time if the number of available tour guides is lower than usual, even then the group size may be bigger. But the group you are traveling with will vary from destination to destination, at some place it may be big and at the other it may be small.
How It Works
Vacationing has never been easier or cheaper with the help of a dedicated travel consultant from AffordableTours.com
1. Free Quote
Find your perfect trip on our website and simply request a free quote. Need to speak to a live person? Call us 7 days a week at 1-800-627-3753. No robots here!
2. Dedicated Travel Consultant
Your personal travel consultant will reach out and be your point of contact for your entire travel experience from start to finish. Did we mention you'll be working with an award winning team? Sweet!
3. Lowest Price Guaranteed
Because we're one of the largest sellers of travel, we're able to give you a discount on your vacation package. No one beats our prices!
4. Stress Free Travel
Knowing you got the best deal, all that's left is for you to pack your bags and enjoy your vacation!