Guaranteed Lowest Prices on Carnival Cruises
Carnival is all about fun vacations at sea and ashore! A Carnival cruise features day and nighttime entertainment like stage shows, musical performances, deck parties, casinos and more. (Like what? Like waterslides!)
Review: Western Caribbean aboard Carnival Vista
By : Jason Hogan, Senior Travel Consultant (CTA) Day 1: Galveston; Embarkation We started our morning at the Sunflower Café down the street from the Port of Galveston. It is anexcellent choice for breakfast that never disappoints. With full bellies, we parked at Lot B and headed tothe Cruise Terminal nearby.We purchased Faster to the…
What to Expect When Cruising Now
What to Expect When Cruising Now Cruising is a great experience, and if you’ve never done it before, it is not too late to try! Booking is done in a second, and you can enjoy the perk of having everything included. However, since COVID hit, many people are worried that cruising will never be the…
Review: 7 Night Western Caribbean With Carnival
Cruises to the Western Caribbean with Carnival are the very picture of paradise. Explore faves like Grand Cayman, Jamaica, and Cozumel
Review: 4 Night Western Caribbean Cruise With Carnival
By: Morgan Bunting, Travel Consultant Hello, future cruise travelers! I traveled solo for the first time on the beautiful Carnival Vista. It was a short 4 Night Western Caribbean cruise with Carnival out of Galveston, Texas. At first, I didn’t know what to think or whether I would like traveling by myself, but it was fantastic! Every…
Review: Western Caribbean With Carnival
From start to finish, it was indeed an honor to be a part of the Western Caribbean With Carnival. This cruise was nothing short of amazing!
Best Places To Eat On A Carnival Cruise
Carnival offers the largest selection of free food with plenty of options for all travelers. These are the best places to eat on a Carnival cruise.
5 Free Things To Do On A Carnival Cruise
Carnival Cruise Line is a great choice with amazing value and lots of diverse activities. Check out these 5 free things to do on a Carnival cruise.
Review: 7 Night Exotic Western Caribbean Cruise with Carnival
With a little something for everyone, this Caribbean Cruise with Carnival is a great trip with variety, especially for people who have different interests.
What’s New With Cruising In 2019?
Every year, cruise lines introduce the latest and greatest- be it new itineraries, new ports, new ships, or even new trends. Be on the lookout for what’s new with cruising in 2019.
Carnival Cruises Promotions
For our best deal on this cruise please call now 1-800-627-3753
- Early Saver Sale, Reduced Deposits, & More SavingsMention Promo Code: PC49967
- Great Rates & Free UpgradesMention Promo Code: PC50044
- More = Merrier Sale: Reduced Rates For High Occupancy CabinsMention Promo Code: PC50059
- September Savings Are HereMention Promo Code: PC50140
Carnival Cruises Ships
Learn More About Carnival Cruises
Launched in 1972, the Carnival Cruise Line started out with one used ship, and just enough fuel to make a trip, one-way from Miami to San Juan, Puerto Rico. It is one of the brands represented by Carnival Corporation & plc, the world's largest leisure travel company, whose Princess brand is well-known as being the cruise line for the Love Boat. The Carnival brand is known as "The World's Most Popular Cruise Line," and carries millions of travelers to exciting destinations each year around the world. The newest ship in the Carnival line, as of 2020, is the Panorama cruise ship. Carnival is always expanding and updating its cruise ships to ensure guests experience a one-of-a-kind cruise and an overall fun trip. The mission of Carnival Cruise Line is to provide exciting vacations at sea and onshore. When you travel on a Carnival cruise ship, you can find engaging activities to do in the day and at night. Featured entertainment includes concerts, deck parties, stage performances, and casino gaming. You can also take your family to visit attractions, such as rides and waterslides. Carnival wants everyone to feel comfortable, offering relaxing staterooms, elegant and casual dining, and places that serve food and spirits outside and inside. All these activities are available to travelers – activities that are set against the backdrop of some of the world's most amazing ports. Carnival ships take guests on excursions that last from 2 to 17 days, and embark from all U.S. coasts. The cruise line is best known for offering Caribbean cruises. It also offers cruise adventures to destinations, such s Mexico, the Bahamas, Alaska, Hawaii, and Europe. In Australia, Carnival Cruise Line provides travel through two ships and features cruise trips from Brisbane and Sydney to ports in the Pacific Islands and New Zealand. The cruise line supports charitable organizations, such as St. Jude Children's Research Hospital as well.
- Carnival Cruise Line is a brand of Carnival Corporation & plc, the largest leisure travel company in the world. It features 9 brands and 87 ships.
- Carnival Cruise line is Carnival Corporation's biggest brand, with 22 ships operating 1,500 annual voyages. The cruise line features a variety of ports-of-call, ranging from Cozumel to Ketchikan, Alaska.
- Carnival Cruise Line's ship, Panorama, can hold as many as 4,008 guests.
- On a typical 7-day cruise on one of Carnival's cruise ships, about 9,300 pounds or recyclables are processed. Recyclables include aluminum cans, scrap metal, plastic bottles, and crushed glass.
- Carnival Cruise Line is classified as a contemporary ocean cruise tour operator.
- Carnival Cruise line places the emphasis on fun, featuring attractions, such as the SkyZone, WaterWorks the two-tiered RedFrog Tiki Bar, Family Feud Live, the Serenity Adult Only Retreat, and the SkyRide, which is kind of like riding a bike up high.
- Carnival features a large number of dining adventures onboard ship, including establishments, such as Guy's Burger Joint, Cucina del Capitano, Jiji Asian Kitchen, and Dr. Seuss' Green Eggs and Ham Breakfast. Foodies love sailing on Carnival.
- Carnival also offers plenty of fun entertainment options, including the chance to show off you lip syncing talents at Lip Sync Battle, or escape to a movie at IMAX. You can also enjoy a good laugh at the ship's Punchliner Comedy Club.
- The cruise liner offers accommodations onboard for just about everyone. Relax in Carnival's cabins or enjoy your holiday in a family-designed stateroom with additional bathroom. You can also opt for Carnival's Cloud 9 stateroom with in-room spa essentials and toiletries.
- Age Policy
- Dining Information
- Fuel Surcharge Policy
- Health and Safety
- Payments / Refunds
- Smoking Policy
- Travel Protection
- Tipping Policy
- Why Carnival?
Top Reasons To Choose Carnival Cruises
- Carnival features financing that makes it easy to choose a cruise and pay for it over time.
- Family fun activities are regularly featured onboard and off-board ship.
- You can earn Carnival FunPoints when you use the brand's MasterCard, providing you with more savings for future sailings.
- You can have your choice of fine-dining venues – something for everyone, from burgers to Mexican specialties to Asian fare and delicious seafood and steaks, Carnival has your onboard dining preferences covered.
- You can choose from various accommodations, depending on your budget and preferences. Therefore, you can elect to stay in a cabin or a suite. In either, case your accommodation will be well-appointed and relaxing.
- Select from a variety of travel destinations and itineraries. You can conveniently plan your trip online and also book it, pay for it, or finance it at the same time.
- Carnival offers a loyalty program, called Very Important Fun Person (VFIP), which allows you to save even more on cruise travel.
- The cruise line makes booking a cruise simple and convenient. Select a cruise, based on the length of the trip, the destination, and travel availability. Everything can be managed online.
- You are not locked into one location, once you begin your Carnival cruise. You can visit 5 or more locations during your trip at one time.
- Carnival offers a large number of fun activities onboard while you are traveling from one port to the next. You could say the ship can be likened to a floating city, as it features a host of fun activities, upscale dining venues, and entertainment offerings.
- The cruise brand really knows how to pack onboard entertainment on its ships. You can enjoy both daytime and nighttime activities for each day you are at sea. For example, you can visit the ship's SkyWalk amusement, enjoy a little pampering at the spa, shop onboard ship, lay out on the deck or by the pool, catch a movie at the IMAX, learn a new skill, or visit a casino.
Frequently Asked Questions About Carnival Cruises
- What trips does Carnival feature?
Carnival features trips that, on average, last about 15 days. You can plan travel to a variety of destinations, such as Alaska, Australia, New Zealand, Canada and New England, the Caribbean, Europe, Hawaii, Tahiti, Mexico, and the Panama Canal. You can also take a Transatlantic cruise if you want to spend most of your time at sea.
- Are there trips Carnival does not offer?
You cannot book a cruise to Antarctica nor book a world cruise on Carnival. The cruise line also does not feature travel to South America or Asia.
- Do minors receive a special travel discount?
All guests, regardless of age, receive third- or fourth-person trip discounts.
- Are all meals provided for free?
You can eat all your onboard meals and snacks for free. However, you may want to check out some of the cruise line's specialty restaurants too, which may cost extra.
- What drinks are included in the cruise fare price?
You can drink non-bottled water, iced tea, lemonade, some coffees and teas, and hot chocolate free of charge. Drinks with alcohol, soft drinks, bottled water, and specialty coffees can be consumed for an extra fee. You may want to consider Carnival's CHEERS! – an all-inclusive beverage plan, or Bottomless Bubbles, which offers an unlimited soda package. Either of these add-ons can be purchased after you create a cruise reservation.
- Are there restrictions to sailing on Carnival?
Cruise travelers must be 21 years of age if they are traveling on their own. If a guest is under 21 years old, he or she must be accompanied by a guardian or relative at least 25 years old.
- What types of suites are available?
You can choose from a junior suite with an obstructed view, an ocean suite, Cloud 9 suite, or grand suite. Suites provide accommodations for 3 or 4 guests, depending on your choice of an accommodation. Cloud 9 spa suites feature a whirlpool tub. All suites allow VIP check-in, so you can easily access your suite.
- What travel documents do I need for traveling to Europe?
U.S. citizens must carry a U.S. passport that is good for travel six months past the year of the visit. Guests do not need to obtain a visa.
- What travel documents are required for domestic travel in the U.S.?
A passport or passport card is required, or a state enhanced driver's license, can be used for cruises that begin and end in the U.S. If you travel to Canada, you must obtain a passport. Check with your travel agent or a carnival cruise representative, to make sure all your documentation is in order.
- What luggage can be brought onboard?
Travel experts advise that luggage be limited to a maximum one bag per person if the cruise lasts from 3 to 5 days. For cruises of 6 days or longer, travelers should limit their luggage to two bags per person. In addition to luggage, cruise guests must have boarding documents ready, such as picture I.D. visa, or passport.
- What are the rules for checked baggage?
Checked baggage service is available for 2 hours before the ship's scheduled sailing time. This information is printed on the traveler's cruise documentation. Guests who arrive after the 2-hour window must carry their bags onboard. Each piece of checked luggage cannot weigh over 50 pounds. When lying flat, bags should not be any more than 24 inches wide or 16 inches high. Luggage must be unlocked for security screening.
- What are e-tags?
Guests receive personalized luggage tags in their electronic documents, which are called e-tags. These tags are available as soon as online check-in has been completed. The tags do not need to be printed in color.
- Should I attach my luggage tags before I arrive at the terminal?
Carnival luggage tags must be attached to customer baggage before it arrives at the cruise terminal. Any additional tags can be obtained from the porter, at curbside.
- What can be worn onboard ship in the daytime?
Casual attire can be worn during the daytime hours in warmer weather. This apparel may include shorts, capris, tee shirts, polo shirts, khakis, jeans, summer dresses, lightweight jackets or sweaters, workout wear, and a bathing suit and cover-up. For cooler weather cruises, clothing should be layered, and include gloves and scarves. If you are a woman who plans to visit a religious site in Europe, you should cover your knees or shoulders. Comfortable footwear should be worn, especially shoes that features rubber soles or low or flat heels. Footwear that features wheels cannot be worn onboard ship.
- What apparel or footwear is not allowed for a cruise casual dress code in the main dining area?
Avoid wearing cut-off jeans. Also, men cannot wear sleeveless shirts basketball shorts, or baseball caps. The wearing of flip-flops is not permitted as well. Tee shirts and bathing attire cannot be worn in the dining area.
- What should be worn for formal evening dining?
Men can wear dress slacks and dress shirts and a sports coat. They may also opt to wear a tuxedo or a suit and tie. Women can wear cocktail dresses, blouses and elegant skirts, and pantsuits. Wearing an evening gown is also acceptable.
- Does the Carnival Cruise line feature a loyalty program for travelers?
The Carnival Cruise line loyalty program is called Very Important Fun Person (VIFP), and allows you to earn points for sailing on Carnival. You are also privy to members-only special and exclusive cruise offers. You earn points every time you take a cruise vacation.
- What makes the Carnival Cruise Line stand out among the competition?
Carnival Cruise Line is known as the "The World's Most Popular Cruise Line." The brand emphasizes that cruise-goers have fun on their cruise vacations, onboard, while in route, and off-board while exploring a cruise city destination. With the emphasis on "fun," taking a vacation on a Carnival Cruise ship is one trip you won't forget. The cruise line also guarantees the lowest rates and features value-added cruise offerings, which includes the use onboard credit during your Carnival cruise adventure.
Health and Safety Protocols on Carnival Cruises
In addition to Carnival's existing rigorous daily cleaning regimen and standards, Carnival has established additional sanitation/disinfection/cleaning measures:
- More frequent sanitizing of tables, chairs, menus and other surfaces in restaurants and bars before use.
- More frequent open deck sanitation of sun loungers, outdoor furniture, mini-golf, sports equipment, handrails, etc.
- Additional sanitizing of frequently hand-touched surfaces in all public areas and lounges, all restaurants, lobbies, elevators, handrails, public phones, counters, public displays, medical centers, gangways, casino chips, games, slot machines, fitness machines, children’s toys, and security screening equipment, among others.
- Wherever possible, staff is serving guests at food stations, including the Lido buffet and ice cream machines. Where not possible due to layout restrictions or other locations such as condiment set-ups and salsa bars, dedicated personnel are posted to monitor these stations and service and ensure they are cleaned and sanitized in a timely manner. In any self-service areas that remain, serving utensils are replaced on a more frequent basis.
- Stateroom surfaces and fixtures are thoroughly cleaned up to twice daily with particular attention to bathrooms and surfaces frequently touched. All guest corridors including handrails and stateroom door handles are frequently sanitized. During instances that guests display flu-like symptoms, the stateroom will receive additional deep cleaning.
- Hand-washing sinks and/or hand sanitizing applications are available at the entrances to all dining rooms and the Lido buffet. A roster of guest communications detailing proper hand-washing techniques are visible throughout the ships and reiterated by staff and officers onboard.
- Additional hand sanitizers/dispensers have been placed in highly trafficked locations where there may not be hand-wash sinks available.
- The temperature in the ships' washers and dryers has been increased for enhanced disinfection of laundered goods, including bedding, tablecloths, towels, napkins, etc.
- At night, a deep cleaning and disinfection process is conducted utilizing electro-static applications through specialized machines in highly-trafficked public areas (including all restaurants, the fitness center, spa, lido deck areas, promenade, casino, medical center, public restrooms, lounges, bars, lobbies, elevators, atrium, youth activity centers, arcade and all crew public areas).
Carnival's onboard Medical Centers are staffed to handle a wide variety of staff and crew medical situations. Any guest or crew member who exhibits symptoms of influenza or upper respiratory infection with fever is strongly encouraged to visit the medical center for a complimentary medical consultation.
Minimum Age Policy on Carnival Cruises
Guests are required to be 21 years of age (on embarkation day) to travel on their own. Guest ages will be verified at embarkation. Guests not conforming to this policy will result in denied boarding and no compensation will be provided at embarkation.
Guests Under the Age of 21 MUST travel with a relative or guardian of 25 years of age or older
The guardian does not need to be a legal guardian.
The bookings must be cross-referenced with the relative or guardian’s stateroom and documented properly.
Guests who are 21 to 24 years of age may travel with their minor children.
Minors Traveling Together: The policy is slightly different because of stricter guidelines as follows:
Must have 1 chaperone for every 8 minors
Prepaid gratuities per minor are due at final payment
8 or more staterooms must be booked through the Group Department and a $100 damage deposit per minor will be charged.
Traveling with a Minor
When traveling with a minor where one parent or both parents or legal guardians are not cruising, we strongly recommend bringing an original signed letter from the absent parent(s) or legal guardians authorizing the minor to travel with you. This will expedite processing by the Department of Homeland Security.
Where minor guests can be booked in relation to relative or guardian:
Guests 12 and younger If the relative or guardian insists on booking separate staterooms, minors must either be directly across the hall or next door.
Guests 12 and under may not be assigned to a balcony stateroom without a relative or guardian (25 years of age or older).
Guests 13 - 17 years of age Can be booked up to 3 staterooms away from a relative or guardian (25 years of age or older).
Guests 18 – 20 years of age Do not have any restrictions and may book whatever location they prefer.
Exceptions: Guests under the age of 21 may travel without a relative or guardian of 25 years of age or older under the following conditions:
For both exceptions below, bookings should be carefully documented.
Documentation should be e-mailed prior to the cruise to [email protected] (DL-ResAdmin_ [email protected]) or hand-carried to embarkation. Failure to provide documentation or not conforming to this policy will result in denied boarding and no compensation will be provided.
Legally married couples, including same gender couples
Proper documentation must be submitted.
Documentation includes: marriage license issued by the County Clerk’s Office; legal proof of civil union; for newly married couples: a copy of the marriage license application or certificate signed by the official that performed the ceremony.
Qualified Military Personnel
Applies to US Military Personnel and Canadian National Defense personnel (and their traveling companions in the same stateroom) of 18 – 20 years of age.
Copy of proof of service must be submitted.
Cruise fares are per person which includes children and infants. When traveling with 2 full fare guests, additional guests in the same stateroom pay a discounted cruise fare. Children less than 2 years of age are not required to extend gratuities.
For all cruises (except Transatlantic, Hawaii, TransPacific and South America cruises), Infant guests are required to be at least six (6) months of age on embarkation day to be eligible to travel.
For Transatlantic, Hawaii, Transpacific and South America cruises, Infant guests are required to be at least twelve (12) months of age on embarkation day to be eligible to travel. Transatlantic cruises are those from the United States to Europe or Europe to the United States.
This policy is in place due to the infant's vulnerable health. While at sea or in port the availability of medical care may be limited or delayed. Early infant care, in particular may require specialized diagnostic facilities and/or treatment that are not obtainable during the cruise on board the ship or ashore in ports of call.
Travel Protection Options on Carnival Cruises
Carnival wants you to have the best vacation ever, with nothing to think about except how much FUN you’re going to have. That’s why we created Carnival’s Cruise Vacation Protection. Carnival’s Cruise Vacation Protection package of benefits has been designed to give you the peace of mind that comes with having the following:
Cruise Vacation Protection Package of Benefits:
• Carnival Cancellation Fee Waiver Program – waives the non-refundable cancellation provision of your cruise Ticket Contract and pays you the value of the unused portion of your prepaid cruise vacation in the event that you or your traveling companion need to cancel your cruise vacation (for specified reasons). In addition, should you or your traveling companion need to cancel your cruise for “any other reason”, you may be eligible for cruise credits up to 75% of the non-refundable, prepaid cruise vacation cost. Brought to you by Carnival Cruise Line*.
• Carnival Travel Insurance Program – provides coverage for independently-booked air, accident and sickness medical benefits, evacuation, baggage protection and much more. Underwritten by Transamerica Casualty Insurance Company.
• CarefreeTM Worldwide Emergency Assistance Program – provides 24-hour assistance services including: pre-cruise health, safety and weather information; assistance with travel changes; lost luggage assistance; emergency cash transfer assistance; emergency medical and dental assistance; lost travel document assistance; and emergency medical payment assistance. Provided by On Call International.
We recommend adding Carnival’s Cruise Vacation Protection to your reservation, so that you can get back to the important planning decisions like what to pack!
Please note that payment of the required cruise deposit does not automatically activate enrollment in Carnival’s Cruise Vacation Protection. To activate enrollment, the appropriate program costs must be paid in addition to the required cruise deposit amount. Please keep these documents for your records.
Dining on Carnival Cruises
At time of booking, Carnival guests will be able to confirm their preferred dining choice. If their preference is not available, they may confirm an alternate choice and be waitlisted for their preferred choice. Waitlists will be cleared prior to the sailing and guests will be notified by email. Parties traveling together who are waitlisted will be cleared for the same dining time. Lunch and dinner are also available bistro-style on the Lido Deck. Spirit-class, Conquest-class, Carnival Splendor as well as the Dream-class ships have the added convenience of a reservations-recommended steakhouse (nominal $30 fee per person will apply).
By popular request, all dining rooms are now smoke-free.
Breakfast & Lunch
Breakfast: 7:45 AM - 9:00 AM
Lunch: Noon – 1:30 PM
For breakfast and lunch, the main dining rooms are organized as "open seating," where you may come and go as you please during the set hours and are not obligated to sit at your assigned table. Breakfast times vary by ship; the times above are provided as a general guideline. Please check your daily Capers for exact times. You can also enjoy a continental breakfast in your stateroom until 10:00 AM or a limited breakfast menu on deck.
Early Seating: 6:00 PM
Late Seating: 8:15 PM
*Your Time: 5:45 to 9:30 PM
*Prefer a little flexibility? No reservations required. Your Time dining allows you to dine in the main dining room, at your leisure, anytime between 5:45 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. Guests are seated first-come, first-serve, depending on party size. In most cases, guests are accommodated within 20 minutes. However, pagers are provided if all tables are occupied so guests can relax elsewhere on the ship until their table is ready. Due to the limited number of large table availability, parties with greater than 10 guests may need to be accommodated at different tables.
Dining times are subject to change.
More Delicious Options
. Casual Dining
. Steakhouse Dining* (Available only on select ships)
. 24-Hour Stateroom Service
. Sushi Bar
. European-Style Cafe
Fuel Surcharge Policy on Carnival Cruises
Carnival Cruise Line has eliminated its fuel surcharge effective for all voyages. For all bookings within the final payment period, the fuel supplement will be refunded in the form of a shipboard credit. For all bookings outside of the final payment period, the fuel supplement will be removed and guests will be provided with a revised final payment amount.
Carnival reserves the right to charge a fuel supplement of up to $9.00 per person per day, without prior notice, in the event that the price of light sweet crude oil according to the NYMEX (New York Mercantile Exchange Index) is greater than $70.00 per barrel of oil. Carnival may collect any fuel supplement in effect at the time of sailing, even if the cruise fare has been paid in full.
Tipping Policy on Carnival Cruises
It is customary for our guests to extend gratuities to the shipboard staff in appreciation for their hard work and exceptional service. 100% of your gratuities are distributed to the crew who you interact with, such as your stateroom attendants, dining and culinary services staff, as well as others who work behind the scenes to enhance your overall cruise experience. Applying this charge automatically streamlines the recognition process and ensures our crew will share in your generosity.
To help you plan, we have provided the recommended guidelines:
- Standard Staterooms: $13.99 USD per person, per day *
- Suite Staterooms: $15.99 USD per person, per day *
*Effective with all cruises departing on or after May 1, 2022, Carnival is making adjustments to thier recommended onboard gratuity guidelines, as follows:
- Standard Staterooms: $14.50 USD per person, per day
- Suite Staterooms: $16.50 USD per person, per day
You may pay this daily gratuity in two different ways:
Gratuities can be added at the time of booking or anytime up to the sail date. Guests who booked directly with Carnival may add their pre-paid gratuities on Carnival.com. If a guest booked with a travel agent, they may contact their travel professional to add pre-paid gratuities to their booking. Prepaid gratuities are reflected in the 'Miscellaneous Charge' field on the confirmation and in the guest's E-Documents.
Sail & Sign®
If guests have not pre-paid their gratuities, the recommended, per person, amount will be posted to their Sail & Sign account on the second to last day of the cruise. Should a guest not be satisfied with the service they receive, they can contact the Guest Services desk while on board. This will allow us to address their concerns in a timely and appropriate fashion. At the discretion of the guest, gratuities may be adjusted after they have been posted on the guest's account, while on board. Gratuities, as posted on a guest's Sail & Sign account, will be considered final after a guest disembarks and no changes will be made after the cruise.
- Gratuities are assessed on all guests, with the exception of children under the age of 2.
- Gratuities apply regardless of the dining options selected, such as eating at the casual dining restaurant or open seating dining.
- For beverage purchases, an 18% service charge will be added to the bill.
- An 18% service charge will be added to the cover charge for the Chef’s Table and Bonsai Teppanyaki as well as the nominal à la carte fee at Bonsai Sushi, Emeril’s Bistro 1396, Guy’s Pig & Anchor Smokehouse | Brewhouse and Seafood Shack; additional gratuities can be added at the guest's discretion.
- A gratuity may be extended to room service staff as service is rendered.
Thank you for your generous recognition of Carnival's onboard team. The Carnival crew works hard to provide you with a great vacation and takes pride in being part of the best team in the cruise industry.
Payments / Refunds on on Carnival Cruises
|Cruise Duration||Deposit Amount||Final Payment||Penalty = Deposit||Penalty = Deposit or 50% of Total Fare, whichever is greater||Penalty = Deposit or 75% of Total Fare, whichever is greater||Penalty = 100%|
|Days Prior||Days Prior||Days Prior||Days Prior||Days Prior|
|2-3 Days||$100||75||75-56||55-30||29-15||14 Days or less|
|4-5 days||$150||75||75-56||55-30||29-15||14 days or less|
|6-9 says||$250||90||90-56||55-30||29-15||14 days or less|
|10+ days/Alaska & Europe||$400||90||90-56||55-30||29-15||14 Days or less|
Non-Refundable Deposit at time of booking: Cruise to Nowhere; Early Saver, Early Saver Last Call and Super Saver Non-Refundable Total Fare at time of booking: Pack & Go Total Fare is defined as cruise fare, air supplement, optional transfers and pre/post cruise vacation package. Single Occupancy: Reservation will require 200% of the per person deposit. The total deposit amount will never exceed the cruise fare.
Smoking Policy on Carnival Cruises
Effective on voyages departing October 9, 2014, or thereafter, all staterooms and suite accommodations are an entirely smoke free environment, including the outside balcony. This policy includes all forms of smoking, including but not limited to, cigarettes, cigars, electronic cigarettes (E-cigarettes), tobacco pipes and personal vaporizers.
- Cigarette, E-cigarette and personal vaporizer smoking will be allowed in Carnival's night clubs (except on Carnival Sunshine and Carnival Vista) and in certain areas within the casino (for playing guests while at designated slot machines and table games) and the casino bar.
- Cigarette, E-cigarette, personal vaporizer, cigar and tobacco pipe smoking will be allowed in Carnival's Jazz clubs on the following ships: Carnival Triumph, Carnival Victory, Carnival Conquest, Carnival Glory, Carnival Valor, Carnival Liberty, Carnival Freedom and Carnival Splendor.
- Cigarette, E-cigarette, personal vaporizer, cigar and tobacco pipe smoking will be allowed in designated exterior open deck areas.
Note: Guests who smoke in their staterooms or on their balconies will be assessed a $250 cleaning and refreshing fee on their Sail & Sign account. Information on this fee is included in Carnival's cruise ticket contract. Guest agrees to strictly comply with Carnival’s non-smoking policy.
Smoking Policy Q&A
When did the new smoking policy go into effect? Effective with any sailing departing October 9, 2014 and thereafter, smoking will NOT be allowed in any stateroom or suite, including the outside balcony. Cigarette, E-cigarette and personal vaporizer smoking will only be permitted in designated exterior open deck areas, as well as Carnival's night clubs (except on Carnival Sunshine and Carnival Vista), Jazz clubs (where available) and in certain areas within the casino (for playing guests while at designated slot machines and table games) and the casino bar. Cigar and tobacco pipe smoking will only be allowed in Jazz clubs (where available) and in designated exterior open deck areas.
Why did Carnival change its smoking policy? Given that nearly 90 percent of Carnival's guests are non-smokers, Carnival wanted to have the shipboard experience align with today’s guest preferences. Carnival constantly monitor all of the shipboard policies and solicit guest feedback to make sure Carnival stays up to date with consumers’ vacation wants and needs.
What happens if a guest is caught smoking in a stateroom or balcony? They will be assessed a $250 cleaning and refreshing fee on their Sail & Sign account. Information on this fee is included in Carnival’s ticket contract.
With 90 percent of guests being non-smokers, why don’t you just make the ships entirely smoke-free? By instituting this change to Carnival's current smoking policy, Carnival is trying to strike a balance that will please all guests, both smokers and non-smokers alike. The guests will see this as an enhancement to their on board experience and have an even better time sailing with us.
How did you notifying guests and travel partners of these changes? Carnival has updated all of the collateral materials and communicated details of the change to the current smoking policy to Carnival's guests and travel partners via various channels. These include email distribution of letters, social media, and web site updates.
I don’t like the new smoking policy; can I cancel my cruise without penalties? The new smoking policy for stateroom balconies went into effect on October 9, 2014, allowing guest’s time to cancel outside the penalty period if they felt the new policy would impact their ability to enjoy their cruise. Once the penalty period starts, normal penalties will apply.
How does this compare to the smoking policy of other cruise lines? Carnival’s new smoking policy is consistent with the policy of most major cruise lines.
How does the new policy apply to team members? Shipboard staff is not allowed to smoke in any guest areas. Smoking will continue to be permitted in designated crew smoking areas. Team members with guest area privileges are not allowed to smoke in guest areas.
Carnaval Cruise Dream met way beyond our expectations. The staff goes over and above to make sure your needs and also you wants are met. We are already planning where we want to go for our next cruise. The Dream team has become family to us!
Outstanding boat! Staff was amazing!
The Carnival cruise and staff were amazing. The staff were so polite and always made sure we were enjoying ourselves. I will definitely use carnival again. We are actually looking at possibly booking another cruise with more of our family.
Carnival Cruise to Key West and Bahamas on Carnival Dream. Nice ship and Carnival is GREAT!